Rosamund Everard-Steenkamp was born in Carolina, South Africa 1907 - 1946
- 1925 – 1926 Rosamund Everard-Steenkamp studied music at Paris Conservatoire but, sharing family interest in art, absorbed instruction from the Paris environment.
Short Artist Biography
- Daughter of Bertha Everard.
- 1922 – 1926 With Everard Group in Europe.
- 1926 Rosamund Everard-Steenkamp returned to South Africa; farmed at Bonnefoi, the family home; music and painting as part-time occupations; signed work ROSAMUND KING EVERARD. Trained and qualified in England as a pilot.
- 1939 – 1940 Rosamund Everard-Steenkamp was a flying-instructor in the Eastern Transvaal.
- 1940 Rosamund Everard-Steenkamp married and settled on a farm near Bonnefoi.
- 1940 – 1943 Rosamund Everard-Steenkamp joined South African Air Force; on transport service between Germiston and Cairo.
- 1944 On the death of her husband, Rosamund Everard-Steenkamp joined the Air Transport Auxiliary in England and was subsequently killed in a flying accident.
- 1931 – 1944 Everard Group exhibitions.
- 1936 Empire Exhibition, Johannesburg.
- 1967 The Everard Group prestige retrospective art exhibition, Pretoria Art Museum.
Public Art collections
- Will Humphreyss Art Gallery, Kimberley; Tatham Art Gallery, Pietermaritzburg.
Berman, E. 1994. Art & Artists of South Africa . Southern Book Publishers.